Tuesday 8 December 2015

Festive Sugar Cookie Recipe

With the festive season comes some pretty cracking Christmas food; turkey, mince pies with bandy sauce and, of course, festive cookies.

I've been feeling a little depressed lately, so I decide to try and cheer myself up a bit by baking, and so I thought I'd share recipe with you guys. I plugged in my Les Miserables soundtrack and off I went.


I began with my ingredients: 100g of butter, 100g caster sugar, 1 egg, 275g plain flour and 1tsp vanilla extract, and by preheating my oven to 190 degrees C.


Next, I put the sugar and butter into a big bowl and mixed them together until they were fully combined.


I then added in the egg and the vanilla extract bit by bit, again making sure it was fully mixed together.


Sifting in the flour came next, again bit by bit, I used a spatula to combine the mixture until it became too thick to use the mix and so I got my hands messy and made the mixture into the dough ball.


I coated my work surface with flour and rolled the dough out until it was 1cm thick and used my aptly Christmas-y cookie cutters to create little snowmen, angels and gingerbread men, before placing them onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper and popping them in the oven for around ten minutes.


After they had finished baking, I set them onto a tray to cool. You guys could probably do a better job than me at getting an even bake because mine sucks.


Finally is the most fun part: decorating! Obviously, you can decorate yours a lot better than I've decorated mine, but with limited supplies and time mine's what I like to call 'Ode To Toddler'. 

That was such a fun little activity to do and it takes less than an hour in total depending on how fussy you're being with your decorating.

N x


4 comments:

  1. Great post! These cookies came out sooo pretty so if you think they look this awful, I'd hate for you to see the last batch of cookies I made! haha
    I hope they did make you happier :)

    www.boundlesstwirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look great! I will definitely have to try them in the future! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I nominated you for the Liebster award, hope you don't mind!
      Enjoy answering your questions!
      http://imdoingteenagingwrong.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/the-liebster-award-x2.html

      Delete
  3. Hey, Nadia!

    I realize this is super duper late, I'm so sorry lol. But I just saw that you followed my blog a while back, and wanted to stop by to thank you! Those cookies look amazing! Now if only I could cook.. :)

    Eve
    Edge of Night

    ReplyDelete

tell me how you feel