Wednesday 21 October 2015

Shuffle That Music

This is a fun little tag that I found a few weeks ago and have been excited to do. Basically, I put my music on shuffle and post what comes up! 

Before I start, however, I have to warn you about my music taste. I'm not apologising for what I enjoy because it's not bad music, it just might not be up to everyone's styles or standards. The music I generally enjoy is almost exclusively associated in some way to a TV show or a film. I know, weird right? But hey, that's just me, weird.

[click on the name of the song to have a listen]

1 : 'Girls And Boys In Love' - The Rumble Strips


My first song is a British classic, used in the background of The Inbetweeners and is in the film Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. I really love the beginning of this song and it never fails to make me smile.


Again, this song is used in The Inbetweeners, but it was just one of those songs that everyone (in the UK at least) always seems to know the words to.


The Inbetweeners again... I know, I'm a bit obsessed but since I love The Wombats I can't not love this song. It's really upbeat and expresses how happy you can be even in the worst of times.



I began listening to Fall Out Boy for a few reasons. My friends loved their music, and I heard their song 'Immortals' in Big Hero 6  and fell in love, so of course I had to find more of their music. Also, one of my friend had one of the lines as their Tumblr header and I'd always though it was just plain cool.

5 : 'The Strokes' - Reptilia


To be honest, I have no idea where I found this song, it might have been on an 8tracks playlist, but I fell in love instantly.  I really enjoy the guitar riffs and the indie rock feel to it.


Again, no association to a show or movie and I definitely found this one on 8tracks, but it has so be a pretty damn fabulous song to break my TV/film mould, as this one is.


I love love love this song! This was the first Fall Out Boy my friends played for me and I fell in love instantly because of the inclusion the theme tune from The Munsters. I recognised it instantly because I loves that show so much when I was growing up and always watched it after Top Cat on a summer morning. Love it.


I started listening to The Kooks because of (you guessed it) The Inbetweeners, but this is one of the songs from their newer albums and I couldn't not download it because it's so their style and so mine. I 100% recommend giving this one a listen.

9 : 'Zombie' - Jamie T



This is an 8tracks find but I'm pretty sure I've heard it before somewhere... a bit weird but the chorus sums up my entire life right now.

10 : 'Boomerang' - Relient K


Last, but certainly not least, is this little beauty from Relient K. I found out about this song from Youtuber Dodie Clark (or doddleoddle) when she did a video not so long ago about her favourite songs. Also, He really likes them so it's a win win.

I hope you enjoyed that little post, because I really enjoyed making it, and I hope that you found some new music to listen to! As always, feel free to leave a comment and tick a box to give me some feedback!

N x


1 comment:

  1. You have a very interesting taste in music!

    ReplyDelete

tell me how you feel